The children in our community need more aquatic and autism therapy services
Aquatic Therapy: Currently, we are providing aquatic therapy through a wonderful collaboration at a retirement community called Wesley Homes in Auburn. Unfortunately, there are some factors which prevent this from being a long term solution to our aquatic therapy needs:
- Water Temperature: A true therapy pool for children with special needs should be heated between 93-96 degrees to loosen ridged muscles without causing the complete loss of tone that happens in hot tubs. While the pool at Wesley homes is heated to an appropriate temperature for their residents, it is still too cool for the children we serve.
- Use Limitations: Unfortunately, we are only able to access the pool a few hours a week, not nearly enough to meet the demand.
Autism: With the incidence rate now 1 in 88 children, quality autism services are desperately needed to support the children with autism and their families in our community!
Our New Therapy Center
Based on community need, we have decided to build this new facility on our Kent property adjacent to our main therapy center.
- Therapy pool heated to 93-96 degrees to provide maximum benefit for children with special needs
- "Dry” therapy rooms to be used for our Fitness Center therapy sessions
- Classroom and individual therapy space for intensive autism therapy programs
- Large, dividable space that can be utilized for professional development courses and parent trainings
- Conveniently located on our main campus in Kent helping families access multiple services at one location
"If we’re going to do this, let’s not build just a therapy pool. Let’s build THE premier therapy pool in the nation!” – Jon Botten, CEO, Dynamic Partners.